Thursday, May 25, 2006

How great you are

"And now, LORD God, keep forever the promise you have made concerning your servant and his house. Do as you promised, so that your name will be great forever. How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.
-- 2 Sam. 7:22, 25, 26a
I woke up this morning thinking of how good the Lord has been to me and my family lately. Last night He blessed our Brazil leadership meeting, as we praised Him and thanked Him and asked for His continual blessing on our Brazil 2006 campaign this summer. It was so wonderful last night praising the Lord and hearing the cries of the hearts of my friends as the called upon His great and mighty Name.
Then I think of a luncheon yesterday that my son and I had with an ACU professor, as we picked his brain about the type of careers Aaron could go into with his major and his gifts and skills.
I also thought about times lately when some elders and I have ministered to hurting people and how the Holy Spirit was obviously present in those meetings.
The prayer of David that I read this morning got me to thinking of the joys we have in Jesus Christ. The same Lord that was so active in King David's life is active in everyone of us who have committed our hearts and lives to Jesus Christ. The favor of the Lord is upon us when we allow Him to be our leader!
And so I join David in telling the Lord how great He is and asking Him to do as He promised in my life, my family's life and in the lives of others. So that He will be praised and that His "name will be great forever." Amen.
Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home