Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Lessons from the Lion's Den

As I meditated upon the familiar of Daniel in the lion's den, I asked the Lord to give me the type of faith he had. After the king pulled Daniel out of the pit where he should have been killed, he noticed that "not a scratch was found on him because he had trusted in his God. "

And then this pagan king, in awe of how the Lord protected his servant from harm, declares:

he is the living God,
and he will endure forever.
His kingdom will never be destroyed,
and his rule will never end.
He rescues and saves his people;
he performs miraculous signs and wonders
in the heavens and on earth. -- Dan. 6:27

Don't you want to have the kind of faith in the living God that people around us will recognize how awesome our Lord is and sing His praises? So do I.

I pray that today -- in every circumstance, trial and challenge that you and I are facing -- we will experience the rescuing power of Jesus Christ as we trust in Him. And that He will get all the praise He deserves.

Jim




2 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

One night Jill Maxwell gave me a print of Daniel and the Lion's Den. It was very emotional and she told me why she was giving it to me.
I do love this story, Jim, good post!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jim Clark said...

What a blessing from the body of Christ, Bev. Doesn't it seem that the Lord visits us in so many neat ways through others that belong to our King? God bless Jill...and Bev.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home