Thursday, August 30, 2007

Claiming Our Freedom

At lunch yesterday, just as we were about to leave from our meal at Los Arcos, my good friend asked me, "What word from the Lord do you have for me today, Jim?"

What immediately came to mind were the words from 2 Corinthians I had read that morning.

My words to him were something like this, "Randy, because you believe in Christ, you are free, my brother. Free from rules and regulations. Unbound from the interpretations of men. Don't let anyone put a yoke of legalism on you. You're a new creation. You're a living letter from Christ because the Holy Spirit lives in you. Because you're now living under the New Covenant you can be bold and confident in Jesus."

I felt myself getting very passionate as I preached the good news to my dear brother in Christ. His eyes lit up as he heard this word from the Lord. His spirit seemed lifted up.

I just love speaking the gospel to other believers, reminding them of the incredible freedom we have in Christ. Freedom to now serve the living God and not a law or a tradition or ourselves.

And there's something liberating that the Lord does in our own soul as we overhear ourselves telling this good news to others. We just might claim this freedom for our own soul once more.

By the way, I think you'd be blessed by checking out yesterday's blog post by Mike Cope -- www.preachermike.com. It's about the scandal of the gospel and has some great quotes from Galatians.

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home