Tuesday, May 02, 2006

When Feeling Under Attack

What do you do when you feel the assault of the enemy? I'd like to hear from you...and for you to pray for me.

Lately, I've sensed those fiery darts of the devil hammering away at me. Susan has been my main confidant during this period of feeling broken and depressed. And yet I know that I need to reach out to others for counsel and prayer. And I'm asking the Lord to lead me to some wise pastoral friends to walk with me through this valley.

One thing I keep doing is staying in the word of God and standing on the word of God. I must cling to the promises of God and continue looking to Jesus -- my hope, my source of righteousness, my Savior.

Susan wrote this verse on a card and gave it to me before she prayed for me and sent me off to work. I'm going to carry it around all day and meditate on it continually:

Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord;
point out the right road for me to follow.

Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.

All day long I put my hope in you.

Remember, O Lord, your unfailing love and compassion,
which you have shown from long ages past.

The Lord leads with unfailing love...-- Ps. 25:4-6, 10a

In need of love, in need of grace,

Jim

5 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Clint said...

make sure you have your shield of faith.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jim Clark said...

Thanks, Monnie. It helps so much receiving counsel from a fellow struggler. That one line you wrote jumps out at me: "God only allows things to come into our lives to heal not to harm."

I'm ready to hear from God what it is that needs to be healed.

And I'll look at that book again. Haven't read it all. Just pulled it off of my bookshelf. It's called Conquering Depression by Mark Sutton and Bruce Hennigan, M.D.

Jim

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Tailpipe Terry said...

I'm standing with you, brother Jim.
As I read your blog, "Under attack"
I had this song come to my mind that I hear often on the radio, "Jesus take the wheel."
There are so many times when our hands come off the wheel and we call out for Jesus to take over because we no longer have control.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Hang in there, Jim. I believe stepping out in faith and asking for what you need is a powerful thing. Not hiding in the shadows is stepping into the Light. I'm praying for you over here across the street, too.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Jim Clark said...

My dear blogger brothers and sisters:

I appreciate so much you're kind words and prayers. Terry, I love that song and FJ, thanks for that great promise from Exodus. I definitely feel answer to your prayers. Hallelujah!

I don't want this blog to be all about me, but rather all about Jesus. However, at times I feel the need to reach out for help. We are the body of Christ, the family of Christ. We need one another. And you're right,Candy, we need to step out of the shadows and be real with one another. Every time I do that,the Lord blesses it.

Please let all of us know when we need to pray for you.

Brotherly,

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home