Friday, August 03, 2007

Looking Back

My dear friend, Bryan Gibbs, sent me a weekly prayer guide a couple years ago. He now does this each year. Bryan's example prompted me to do the same. Each weekday has a particular topic for which to pray. He and I have sent one of these prayer guides to many friends and family members, asking them to pray for us, our families and our ministry -- Monday through Friday.

On Fridays, Bryan's "request" is this: "Join me in giving thanks to the Lord for His many blessings." Then he quotes 1 Thess. 5:16-18:

Be joyful always;
pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

And so, I thanked God for the great work He does through Bryan -- as a husband, father of four boys and leader at Continent of Great Cities in their mission work.

Bryan's request made me think of my Saturday mornings. Since I'm not as rushed to get to work, I like to have an extended quiet time on those days. And sometimes I'll spend much of my prayer time looking back on the week and thanking the Lord for how faithful He once more proved Himself to be.

It always amazes me when I look back even on a week's time and realize how good the Lord has been to me. And I know it pleases Him when I dwell on His faithfulness and thank Him for His blessings.

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home